August 14 through September 22, 2015
1+1=1 Gallery is pleased and honored to present two well-known Montana artists who not only live closely connected to the Earth, but gain much of their artistic and creative inspiration directly from their natural environment.
Bridger photograher, Jean Albus, has been creating her constructed photographs for over 10- years in collaboration with nature.
Tim Carney, of Helena has spent his entire adult life creating art from wood. His furniture, which he calls “urban organic style”, is made to last for many generations, and to give comfort and enjoyment to it’s users. Carney’s furniture is part of dozens of collections in North America, and in Europe.
- Jean Albus, photography
- Tim Carney, fine art furniture
Please join us for an opening reception August 14th, from 5 to 8pm Informal Artist Talks 5:30 to 6:00pm Appetizers, Desserts, Wine 6 to 8pm 1+1=1 Gallery is open Tues – Sat 11 to 6 434 North Last Chance Gulch, Helena tel. 406.431.9931 Like 1+1=1 Gallery on Facebook
2015 Exhibit Schedule
- Feb 13 – Mar 30 – Connection to the Natural World (Alaina Buffalo Spirit, John Andrew, Bill Ryder)
- April 1 – May 16 – Pattern and Surface (Nerissa Eckerson, Samantha Briegel, Sarah Magar)
- May 21 – June 23 – Celebrating the Body (Patty Ceglio, Maureen Shaughnessy, Nancy Goughnour)
- June 26 – August 12 – Textile and Texture (Carol Wilbur, Gregg Edelen)
- August 14 – Sept 22 – Of The Earth (Tim Carney, Jean Albus)
- Sept 25 – Oct 28 – Visual Poems (Andrea Cross Guns, Trudy Skari)
- Oct 30 – Nov 17 – Young Voices (Children’s Art)
- Nov 20 – Dec 24 – Three in One (Marybeth Shaughnessy, Peter Shaughnessy, Maureen Shaughnessy)
- Jan 6 2016 through Jan 30 – All Gallery Artists Exhibit & Hygge Open House