One Family: Three Visions
1+1=1 Gallery is honored to host three artists at our exhibit, One Family, Three Visions. Featured artists are Marybeth Shaughnessy, Maureen Shaughnessy and Peter Shaughnessy.
You are cordially invited to the Opening Reception Nov. 20, 2016
Reception 5 to 8pm at the gallery
Informal Artist Talks 5:30 to 6pm
Sushi, Desserts, Wine 6 – 8pm
Please join us, meet the artists in this creative family and enjoy a fun evening!
Mary Beth Shaughnessy is a Canadian artist living in Vancouver, British Columbia. She paints colorful, playful landscapes and abstracts that evoke the Pacific Northwest habitats to which she is intimately connected. She is an architect, a mother of two teen sons, and active in her community of N. Vancouver. Mary Beth has shown her artwork in Vancouver, BC. 1+1=1 Gallery is honored to have her as one of our new represented artists in Montana.
Maureen Shaughnessy lives in Helena, Montana and is co-owner of 1+1=1 Gallery with her husband, artist Tim Carney. With a background in design and Landscape Architecture, she began creating art in her teens and has been making handmade paper sculptures, mixed-media paintings and printmaking for over 30 years. She has been working on a new body of work for this exhibit based on the ecological concept of the “mother tree” and the inspiration we can gain from plants particularly forests.
Peter Shaughnessy, manager of a vast tract of Nature Conservancy property in the Chilcotin Range of British Columbia, is a builder and sculptural artist. His wood sculptures express his philosophical view of life, a connection to Nature and the intricacies of relationships. Peter’s sculptures are widely shown in Canada, and 1+1=1 Gallery is proud to represent him in Montana.
2015 Exhibit Schedule
- Feb 13 – Mar 30 – A Natural Connection (Alaina Buffalo Spirit, John Andrew, Bill Ryder)
- April 1 – May 16 – Pattern and Surface (Nerissa Eckerson, Samantha Briegel, Sarah Magar)
- May 21 – June 23 – Celebrate the Body (Patty Ceglio, Maureen Shaughnessy, Nancy Goughnour)
- June 26 – August 12 – Textile and Texture (Carol Wilbur, Gregg Edelen)
- August 14 – Sept 22 – Of the Earth (Tim Carney, Jean Albus)
- Sept 25 – Oct 28 – Visual Poetry (Andrea Cross Guns, Trudy Skari)
- Oct 30 – Nov 7 – Young Voices – Children’s Art
- Nov 20 – Jan 6 – One Family Three Visions (Marybeth Shaughnessy, Peter Shaughnessy, Maureen Shaughnessy)
- Jan 10 2016 through Jan 30 – All Gallery Artists Exhibit & Hygge Open House