WOOD & WAX
We are showcasing a new body of art in our fall exhibit, Wood & Wax, on Friday, October 6. Throughout the gallery will be hand-carved sculptural furniture, encaustic paintings, mineral laced wood bowls, and carved wood relief sculptures. You are invited to experience these unique and thoughtfully crafted works, listen to a panel-style artist talk and enjoy refreshments from 5-8pm on October 6th.
Wood & Wax features talented woodworkers, John Andrew (hand turned wood bowls) Tim Carney (fine furniture and home accents) and Dan McArdle (wood relief carvings) all of Helena, Montana. Also encaustic painters Darla Meyers, of Bozeman and Joyce Watts Coolidge of Anchorage, Alaska. The exhibit will remain in the gallery until November 14.
1+1=1 Gallery is located in the heart of downtown Helena and represents many local and regional artists. For more information about the upcoming exhibit, please visit the 1+1=1 Gallery website at: www.http://1plus1is1.com/events/ or call (406) 431-9931.
2017 EXHIBIT SCHEDULE
- February: Young Voices
- March: Best of the Back Room
- April 14 – May 22: Genius Loci: Experience the Soul of Place
- May 26 – July 1: All My Relations
- July 7 – August 1: BODY – Annual Art-Jewelry & Figurative Art Invitational
- August 18 – October 3: FROM EARTH: Clay & Pigment
- October 6 – November 14: WOOD & WAX
- November 17 – December 31: Annual Small Works Holiday Show
Stay tuned for our 2018 exhibit schedule and to be one of the first to know, subscribe to our monthly love notes and gallery updates.