A Workshop for Anyone Interested in Becoming a Part-time Artist’s Model
Held in a professional, contemporary art gallery setting
A Monday Evening in Sumer 2016 (TBA) from 6:30pm to 8pm
Preregistration is required. We will have online tuition signup available a few weeks before the workshop.
Did you know unique opportunities exist to work as an artist’s model? Artists are all around you — in Helena and beyond — looking to draw and paint from a live model. Artists appreciate all body types, shapes, sizes and ages! There is a need for models for clothed, draped or nude life-drawing sessions.
This workshop will introduce you to the art of modeling, and guide you through the process, so you can be comfortable and confident as a professional or occasional artist’s model.
Come network in a locally-owned gallery setting, with artists, experienced models and other modeling students. Participants must be age 18 or older.
Cost for the one and a half hour workshop is $10.
Beverages and light snacks will be provided
In this workshop, you will learn:
- from experienced and beginning artists, what it means to work from a live model
- preparing your mind and body for modeling
- safety and security guidelines for artists’ models
- details on earning cash as an artist’s model
- understand expectations of clothed, draped and nude modeling
- how to choose poses, move, stretch and hold positions
- questions to ask during scheduling
- receive an artist’s model checklist
- receive a listing of reputable studios in Helena who may need artist’s models, including the Holter Museum of Art, the Archie Bray Foundation, Clay Arts Guild and other group studios. Then it’s up to you to contact them and get on their list of models.
This workshop is limited to 20 participants. To hold your space, you must pre-register and pay either online or in person at the gallery.
Pre-registration is required!
Please call Maureen Shaughnessy at the gallery, 406.431.9931 or email [email protected] for more information. Email us to let us know you want to be notified when we set the date for the workshop.
Here’s the exhibit area of our gallery:
And … here are a few photos of figure-drawing sessions in other parts of the country, to give you an impression of a life-drawing studio session. If you choose to become an artist model, you can decide whether you want to model for clothed sessions, draped and/or nude sessions. It’s up to you! Come find out more about modeling for artists at our workshop.
CALL US AT 406.431.9931 OR STOP BY 1+1=1 GALLERY
TO SEE THE STUDIO IN ADVANCE OR CHECK US OUT!